Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pictures of an Interesting Doll

This is a doll I recently bought at a yard sale because it intrigued me. I've never seen anything quite like it. If anyone has any information on it, please leave a comment. I'm not even sure where to start trying to find out what it is. The woman I bought it from likewise acquired it from a yard sale, also because it intrigued her. She has a soft body, and her face is also a little soft (although that may have been because she got so hot in the sun, and it will harden in the coolness). I wondered if she was a voodoo doll, or just an antique doll. Her face is rather like an old prune, but I don't think it's really a prune -- but that's the consistency of her face, except for not being sticky like prunes are. Altogether, most interesting!

Full-body front shot:


Full-body back shot:


Full-body front shot:


Face shot (no flash):


Face shot (w/flash -- shows her teeth but washes out her eye color):


Back of her head -- three hair pins hold her bun in place:


Showing her underskirt or petticoat:


Her bloomers or knickers underneath her petticoat:


Back-side of her knickers:


Her knickers only go up so high:

1 comment:

Robyn Coburn Writer/Artist said...

Thanks for visiting my doll blog. That is an interesting doll. I think it looks very much like the apple dolls. A lot of work and attention went into the costume. When I tried to email Pamela Mason, the addy was broken. I hope you have better luck.
best wishes,
Robyn Coburn